Prosthodontists are more than just dentists. Not only do they examine your smile, the health of your teeth and gums and talk you through procedures; but they also look at your oral health as a contributor to your overall health. Prosthodontists understand that the body is interconnected and good oral hygiene is part of a healthy and happy immune system. Here are some things that prosthodontists both do and do not do.
- Understand that the mouth is part of the body. They know everything works together.
- Get to know each patient. They understand their goals, concerns, questions and attitude. Every patient is unique with their own unique outlook on oral health.
- Explain how the mouth interacts with the rest of the body. If a patient has a problem, prosthodontists can address it in a number of different ways. Since they understand how the body works together, a prosthodontist can explain to a patient the consequences of not treating a certain problem.
- Realize that every patient is different and every treatment plan must accommodate a patient’s schedule, finances and overall health.
- Lead a vibrant and smart team. Prosthodontists are leaders. They educate their staff as well as their patients on the best practices for a healthy smile.
- Treat every patient the same. Prosthodontists know that every patient is unique and every problem is different.
- Rush the process. Prosthodontists don’t rush the process. Every component of oral health is taken seriously and examined.
- Push treatment plans on patients. Prosthodontists understand each patient’s schedule, financial concerns and individual progress.
- Inadequately patch problems. Instead of just fixing a broken tooth, a prosthodontist will uncover the underlying problem.
- Assume they know it all. Prosthodontists understand they are constantly learning. They are always using innovative ideas to diagnose patients.
Prosthodontists are leaders, educators, friends and coworkers. If you want an out-of-this-world dentistry experience, then contact Daxon Dentistry today.
Scheduled an Appointment With Daxon Dentistry
At Daxon Dentistry, we are passionate about restoring your smile and overall health. We offer a variety of services from teeth cleanings to restoring and replacing teeth. If you or a loved one is in need of dental services, call us today!